Monday, January 24, 2011

Words Weighing on My Heart

I write this with a heavy heart. So many this weekend have lost a family member or friend. I signed onto my Facebook Saturday night and saw many who were talking of loved ones passing on. One was even a small child. My brother and his fiancé were also touched by devastating news this weekend. They lost a very close and dear friend in an auto accident.

It is never easy getting news of any type that someone you know has passed away. Whether it was expected due to a long illness or sudden. Death takes it’s toll on you.

One thing that is asked is why. Why did they have to leave so soon? Why did that happen the way it did? Do we have answers for it? No, not really. The only answer I can provide is something that was mulling around in my head and heart last night when I was awake at 2:30. This scripture was rolling around and I knew I had to share it. Whether it reaches anyone today or not, that is fine. I felt I needed to get it out of my heart and on to paper, so to speak.

Jeremiah 29:11. Many are familiar with this scripture. We usually think about it when we are making changes in our lives due to work, career moves or a move from your current home. If we are contemplating relationships or wondering why things happen the way they did, we often turn to this scripture. I think when we are struggling with loss it also good to read these scriptures. It is verses 11-13.

“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord., thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.”

Remember He said when we seek Him we will find Him IF we seek Him with all of our hearts. Let Him give you the peace and comfort that only He can give. Let Him remind you that He has a plan for you and everyone around you. It may not seem like the plan you would have chosen but in the end you will be glad if you decide to follow it.

Please don’t be mistaken. I often struggle with His plan as well. He never said that the path He chose for us would be easy. He never said that it would always be coming up roses. But you can bet on this, you will never walk that path alone. He will always be there with you. Sometimes beside you, sometimes carrying you along. You can trust Him.

So when we can’t find the words to say or understand why something happens the way it did. Always remember that He does have a plan in mind. One day we will see just exactly why we went through the things we had to go through. Maybe it will be while we are here, maybe not till we are on the other side. Until then though we can lean on the promise that He is working things out and we will make it through.

Until next time guys, I send my love and prayers to each of you that are struggling. Be Blessed! butterfly (2)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!