Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tuesday Tips: Home School Organization

Okay.. So since I have started thinking {and planning to} homeschool, organization is really on my mind. LOL I am trying every way I know to get organized. In my searching I have found a few great sites to share with you.

One site I have found is The Homeschool Mom This has lots of information on it about free planners and how to get started getting organized. I tell you, these sites are a lifesaver to me being a new homeschool momma. I know that I have been "teaching" him since he was born but now it gets into the nitty gritty of teaching. Yes, I have been advised that Kindergarten is still time to play and learn through play and not have too much structure as far as curriculum goes. This is something I am trying to grasp while not pushing too much on him at once. These planners are great to print off and put in a three ring binder to help you keep organized and everything in one spot.

My hubby has already started building shelves in the closet of our homeschool room. This is going to help me with all the books, toys, and other items we will use for school. I am super excited as they are going to help me get things in order AND that my sweet hubby is so excited about homeschooling that he took it upon himself to build them. He is super awesome and we are so blessed to have him with us.

How do you stay organized with your homeschool adventures? How do you keep everything together and running smooth while still keeping your sanity? ;o) I am really looking forward to tips that any of you can share.I really am looking forward to our journey and I am in the beginning stages of preparing plans and units for next year. I am thinking unit studies will be the way we start off as he is in that age that themes are fun. :o)

Share your tips and comments on what you have going on for next year. Are you already preparing or do you wait till the summer? I would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!