Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wednesdays Wisdom, Thursday's Thoughts{We'll just do both days :o)}

Jude 20 " But you, beloved, building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit,"

Today {Wednesday} I was stricken with a thought. { I really believe it was the Holy Spirit nudging me like a parent would ;o)}. My parents, and many in the south, are going through some horrible weather. I am sure many of you have seen the reports of all the damage these massive storms have caused.

As I sat in the car pick up line for my son to get out of pre-k I was letting a friend know what was going on with them. We were talking about how bad it is and I told her all we can do is pray... How many have ever said or thought that " All we can do is pray." It struck me then.. We have the power in our hands because we GET to pray. We are allowed to pray and talk with God everyday. We can have fellowship with Him each and every day. I have to stop looking at it as a last resort and start thinking of it as the first reaction! I so wish I could be like my child in this regard. The minute I say we need to pray for something he does it. No waiting. He just says a little prayer to himself and that is that. I am so proud of him. :o)

The next time troubles or trials or even fear of storms comes your way know that you have communion with the Great I am. You can talk to Him, He is waiting. Thank you Lord that we can come to you in our hour of need. Thank you that we can come to You at anytime just to talk. Be with all the families in the paths of these storms and may your angels stand guard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!