Tuesday, May 10, 2011

6 years ago...

6 years ago today my Grandan went to be with my Ninnie. We have all missed him so much but wouldn't want him to suffer any more like he was. He was such a hardworking man that took care of his family and loved them all. I remember the day like it was yesterday. We all knew it was time but it was still hard to let go. He had fought so long and hard and was tired and ready to be reunited with his wife. He is now on duty as our guardian angel and watching all of us as we go through this life. The lessons he taught all of us through his children and grandchildren are now reaching to his great grandchildren. I wish my son had known him in his good days. He would have loved Grandan and would have had a blast with him. My grandfather loved children and loved having us around him. I can still hear his voice ringing in my ears even know. I can hear his laughter and in the end I can hear him being so tired.

Grandan,
I love you and miss you dearly. I know you are having a blast up there with Ninnie, Ken and all of your brothers and sisters that had gone on before you. We are doing well here. :-) Boo Bear is learning about the farm where we all have lived at one time or another and learning about how his grandan raised cows and had a huge sunflower field. He looks at the picture in our office of you in the field and knows that is his great grandan. Give Ninnie a hug from me and we will see you all one day.

Love you!

This is my grandfather with his three sons. He is sitting on his blue tractor that he rode everywhere. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!