Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Thursdays Thoughts: Yummy BlackBerry Cobbler

Here at our home we have wild blackberry bushes lining our perimeter of our fence and property line. I love them and my son does too. My hubby likes them but doesn't like the thorns. :o) Tuesday we all braved the thorns and ended up with a lot of blackberries. I decided to put them in this:
I made my first blackberry cobbler. It was yummy!! We added some vanilla ice cream and we were in heaven. I found the recipe here and I only altered it by using Splenda instead of sugar. My hubby and I both agreed it was just right with the Splenda. Let me know what you think and if you have a favorite dessert. I love trying new recipes so feel free to share with me so we can try it out here!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for hosting. I’m a new follower from the hop, which is found on a page on my site that lists more than 200 hops… some for each day of the week. Check under the header for the link to that page. I’ve also got a BlogFrog community that focuses on hops, carnivals, and memes. Go to http://theblogfrog.com/1504201 to visit & participate.
    I hope you’ll visit me soon and follow back!
    NCSue

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cobbler looks yummy!

    Hi, I'm your newest follower over from the hop.
    Hope you can stop by sometime..

    Have a great weekend!

    Cindy
    Purple Froggie Clay Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy, yummy! I love blackberries. Don't have any wild bushes. The neighbors have raspberries. I should plant something, since I think they grow pretty easily don't they? Your cobbler looks yummy! Thanks for stopping by the S&R weekend hop!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!