Thursday, August 18, 2011

Recipe Time: Goulash

My grandmother used to make Goulash and I absolutely loved it. Of course now she has passed on and I can not make it near what she does but I did find one we all like. If you haven't stopped by All Recipes yet you need to. I love all the different types of recipes and I almost always end up following the suggestions given by reviewers. There are a ton of great ideas. This is the recipe we used this week. I found the base recipe here and added some more to it.

1lb  of ground beef
1 onion chopped or diced
1 26oz jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce (we used Ragu chunky mushroom)
1 15 oz can of corn
1 cup of shredded cheese (I actually forgot this so you can do it with or without)
1 12 oz package of your favorite noodles


Prepare the noodles as directed. Brown your ground beef and onion together. I choose to season the meat and the onion with some Italian seasoning and some garlic. You can choose whatever you want to kind of kick it up a notch. Drain your ground beef and onion. Toss the noodles, spaghetti sauce, and corn all in with your meat mixture and heat up. If you are going to throw in the cheese you would want to do that now too. If not just heat up the items together and enjoy. This goes great with Garlic bread or a salad to top it off. This is a great recipe to have when you are looking for something easy and quick on a busy school night. We also end up with leftovers for a great lunch or dinner the next night.

Do you have a favorite recipe that you use as a go to for your busy nights? Let me know! I love trying new recipes. Do you have a favorite sight you frequent? Fill me in!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!