Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thursday Recipe Reviews

We tried a few new recipes this week. All these came from Gina over at Skinny Taste. This is a great site for learning new recipes and eating healthy. Gina shares recipes that are on the Weight Watchers plan. If you are trying to eat great food while watching how many calories or just wanting to eat healthy, this is a great site to add to your blog roll.

The first two we tried were Sesame Encrusted Baked Chicken Tenders and her version of Fried Rice. These both turned out delicious. The chicken turned out nice and juicy and had a good taste to them. My hubby and I both thought a nice drizzle of some sort of sauce would be a good addition. My only drawback was that the sesame seeds were kind of expensive and I used almost the whole jar on just this recipe. If I don't do this too often it would be okay. I think the fried rice was both of our night's favorites. Neither of us had ever thought of adding tomatoes to it. That just made it extra special and wonderful.

The next night I tried her Low Fat Baked Onion Rings. These were super yummy! We paired them with some grilled burgers and hot dogs and had a wonderful Saturday night meal.

I highly recommend browsing through her site and finding your favorite recipes. Usually you can find the ones you like but in a lighter version. So you can still enjoy the foods you love but without all the fat and calories that makes you feel guilty eating them. Stop by Skinny Taste and check it out soon! Let me know if you try something and what you think!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tip. Always on the lookout for good recipes. Visiting from Lots of Lovin Weekend bloghop!


    The Twerp and I

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!