Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tuesday's Journey

I'm going to go out of the box today and write my thankful post a little differently. ;-)

Last night we started reading our Advent scriptures. I lit a candle and had Daddy read the scripture reference for yesterday. It was Isaiah 11:1-10. It was beautiful. As I was placing dinner on the table Daddy read and we talked a little about what it meant. As he was reading I was trying to think of a way to explain it to Boo Bear. It then dawned on me how to ;)

My parents have a beautiful picture hanging on their wall of the Lion and the Lamb sitting together. I love that picture and so does my son. He always talks about it and asks when we go visit. That is how I explained it. I reminded him of that picture and told him that would happen one day{in five year old terms}. It was a beautiful moment with my family and I'm so thankful for it.

I'm thankful for this journey we are taking this month. It is so special to me to teach Boo Bear all about Jesus' birth and his coming to Earth for us. He knows that we celebrate His birthday on Christmas but this is getting more in depth and I love it! :-)

I'm thankful for my hubby telling me to chill out when I need to hear that. I have been frazzled with a list of things I feel I need to do and can't seem to get them done. Thankfully he told me a few I could knock off the list till after the first of the year.

I am thankful for Pandora radio. :-) Whenever you are in a frazzled out mood listen to some Christmas tunes and it will make your day! I was in a completely different mood after that. LOL Funny how music does that to me. ;-) Now I am working with that on in the mornings and starting off in a great mood.

I am thankful for family, friends and this beautiful time of year we all celebrate together. Happy Tuesday and may you have a wonderful day!

Here's one of our Advent Songs for the week.. Love this rendition by Kari Jobe

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!