Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pinterest Recipe: Sweet And Spicy Bacon Chicken

Are you addicted to Pinterest? I have to say... I am. Not as much now as I was when it first came out, but still. I love seeing all the neat experiments, beautiful baked goods and recipes floating around. I am trying to go through and actually MAKE some of these lovely recipes I see. So this weekend we tried this one. The Sweet and Spicy Bacon Chicken that I found over at Diary of a Recipe Addict. It honestly was very simple and very tasty. It was a big hit here and so big I didn't even grab a picture of it. Sigh.. I promise I'm trying to get better with this!

Sweet and Spicy Bacon Chicken
4 boneless chicken breasts cut into three pieces
bacon slices
chili powder
salt and pepper to taste
garlic powder
brown sugar

Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 9 X 13 pan with non-stick spray, olive oil or prepare your grill. We cooked these in the oven because we were out of charcoal. The original recipe was grilled. Place the brown sugar in a bowl and set aside. Season the chicken with the rest of the spices. Wrap a piece of bacon around the chicken and then roll in brown sugar. Place in the pan. Place it in the oven and cook for 30-40 minutes or until the chicken is done and the bacon is nice and crispy. Now the original poster said she grilled it and it was fabulous but with the grilling comes the loss of the yummy sauce this makes in the oven. We cooked it in the oven and poured the sauce over some mashed potatoes and it was delish!!! I served it with mashed potatoes and some green beans. It would really go great with any sides.

Do you actually do the recipes you pin on Pinterest or are you like me and just drool on your computer screen?
Have a great week!!! What are you cooking in your kitchen this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!