Monday, July 8, 2013

The Unglued Challenge

This past week I have been doing a bible study called "The Unglued Challenge" by Lysa Terkeurst. It is on the You Bible App you can download onto your Kindle, iPhone, iPad etc. By the way, I love this app. I can take it everywhere with me and have the whole bible in a small package. :-) It really is a blessing to me to have it easily accessible no matter where you are. They also have some great devotional and Bible reading plans. It also reminds you every day to read your Bible. I know I should read it everyday but life gets in the way and before you know it, the end of the day has come and you haven't stopped. This little reminder popping up on my phone or my Kindle helps keep that in perspective. Let's face it, being in the Word is where we need to keep ourselves. (No. I am not affiliated with the You bible app in any way. I just really do like it. )

On to the study... :-)

The Unglued Challenge is one of a few bible studies focusing on this same topic: Responding in a Godly way when your emotions say otherwise. I don't know if you have this problem but for me, I am a very emotionally driven person. I honestly hate it at times. I wish there was a way I could deal with situations without getting so emotional. I can cry at the drop of a hat. Show me a moving video, make me mad about something, something going sideways when I wanted it to go frontways, I cry. It's very frustrating to me. In the same respect though, I know God made me this way for a reason. I hurt when others hurt and I cry when they do. Compassion is something lost in the society we live in. People get hard hearted in a hurry from hurts and it can lead to not caring and compassion being thrown out the window. But I digress...

The study is based on the fact that we should respond in a Godly way, not in our emotional way. It addresses those moments that we want to come unglued and let the emotions, and words, fly. This study was great to me because I could see myself in the words she was writing. It's nice to know that I'm not alone out there :-). The verse from today stuck out to me and I wanted to share it with you. It's from Proverbs 15:1 ..

"A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger."

God may we first answer with a gentle answer and remember to give Grace to each person we come into contact with. I will be the first to admit it's not easy but it's what He would have us to do. When we are hurt or offended, let us speak with grace and respond gently. 

What are you studying this week? I am about to start up the No More Unglued Mama Mornings ;). I'll let you know how it goes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!