Friday, August 14, 2015

Weekly Review: Getting in the Groove...

Happy Friday! Whew! I'm glad to see Friday this week. We've had some craziness going on here and I'm glad it's better. See, we started this past week off on Saturday in the ER. Boo Bear got up needing a breathing treatment, which is something that happens from time to time. He seemed fine and even played outside with daddy some. By 4:00 he had a fever, couldn't breathe and I couldn't give him another treatment yet as it wasn't long enough between them.

We ended up in the ER and they got everything sorted out and placed him on a liquid steroid. He scared me this time. I'm so thankful that he was opened up and the ER staff was wonderful with him.

Although he probably doesn't like it, school still went on this week once we got him situated. :)

That's the downside to homeschool, right? (if there is a downside...)

Our week went quite well after all that excitement. We have been working steadily along and trying to get ourselves in a routine again. We never stopped math or reading really over summer. We are now adding in our other subjects still and it's working out well so far.

Our math is moving along and we are working on division this week. He has had some difficulty memorizing multiplication facts so it's a little slow going. He doesn't think in memorizing. He thinks in how it's put together so he's reversing it. It's really neat to see how his brain works and figures things out. Sometimes I go, how'd you do that???



We started reading Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing this week. I'm working on a review for Super Teacher Worksheets and I'm using their 4th grade Book Bingo worksheet. That's on the list and we are really excited to read some of the others. This actually helps me to make sure we are reading a variety of books this year.

In science we finished up the chapter on muscles and we're moving along to the digestive system. Should be fun with a boy, right?

We had some friends over this week as well. Does anybody else have that thing where your kiddo asks to have friends over when you're out and about with said friend but you know your house is not ready for company? ? Yeah that happens a lot here. Or at least I don't feel it's ready. I have to remind myself my home is lived in. Not dirty but lived in. We live here and it's not a museum.. Please tell me I'm not alone in this!

Needless to say I'm trying to get him to understand that when he helps keep it ready at all times, my answer can be yes instead of not today.. :) Anyway... That led to two of his friends being able to come over this week.


I cooked up a couple new recipes this week. Some I just threw together and others I was inspired off of Pinterest to create. One of the best ones, I believe was my low carb Philly Cheese-steak in a bowl. It was a big hit here and there were no leftovers. ;-) I love Philly's but the bread is not my friend. Enter in this creation:

Yummy! I have to share for a moment. I've been struggling getting my sugar under control and have finally gotten it where I want it. It's still a work in progress but I'm so thankful that I'm seeing it stay more normal than not. :-) Thus all the low-carb ideas coming. I'm going to share them with you so you can hopefully enjoy them as well!

So how was your week? Do you have any multiplication tips for me? I'd love to hear them! Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to swing by the Weekly Wrapup with Kris!

4 comments:

  1. Glad your son is doing better! I checked out your recipe for the Philly cheese-steak in a bowl and it sounds delicious. I might have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was quite scary. Hope you enjoy the recipe if you try it out!

      Delete
  2. Glad your son is better - how scary that must have been!

    The philly cheesesteak sounds great. I'm also semi low-carb. I feel so much better when I'm wheat free that I try to avoid bread products as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel so much better too. It's amazing how you can tell you ate something that just doesn't like you :) . Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a great week!

      Delete

I love to hear from you!