Sunday, December 27, 2015

Christmas is Over... Where'd it go???

I know some people are excited the holidays are winding down. They are ready to get their routines back. They are ready to get their house back in order. They are ready for normalcy to return.

Well, not me. I have to be myself and be open and honest for a minute. I feel like Christmas got taken from me. Yes, I celebrated the best I could but... I was in a lot of pain. I mean really a lot of pain. I have a pinched sciatic nerve in my back. I went to the chiropractor a few times and to be honest, the last time I went was worse than the rest.

I am slowly getting better now but this Christmas will definitely not be one of my favorites. I feel like I missed everything. I feel like I missed the Christmas lights with my kiddo, shopping, watching movies and being silly. I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm complaining but this is real.

Pain stinks. There's no nice way around it. For those who live with chronic pain, I don't know how you do it. I don't know how you can get up each day and face the day like everything's okay.

I'm thankful for an amazing family that helped fill in the gaps where I couldn't. I'm thankful for an amazing son who understands, hopefully, and is very supportive. I'm thankful for an amazing unbelievable hubby that has stood beside me, behind me and up underneath me at times to help me get through the day.

So excuse me if I ask for a do-over. :) I may not take my tree down for awhile. Thankfully the pain is getting gradually better so I can enjoy the lights and sounds. When asked, my son says he had a good Christmas. That's what matters.

I'm not here to complain and whine, although I have done a lot of that at home the past couple of weeks. I'm here to say thank you to an amazing family and group of people I'm blessed to have in my life.

Thank you for listening to me complain. Thank you for supporting me through the pain. Thank you for making Christmas special for my guy. You're amazing!

So, here's the smiles and happiness that reigned on Christmas.

 
Here's the crazy girl with her boy and her new blankie.


So, I guess we're on to New Year's and a totally brand new beginning. Praying it's a blessed one for you and yours. Praying it's a blessed one here as well.



1 comment:

  1. Jen, I'm sorry you had such a hard time this year. I'm thankful we could be there to help, but I understand your frustration. You see a little now how your dad and I feel everyday. Love you, and may you continue to get better.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!