Saturday, April 3, 2010

Beach Day

Wow! Sorry it has been awhile guys. I know I have been busy here! With Easter parties, family visiting, birthdays, new jobs… Whew! Today we took a day and went off to the beach for a few hours. It is so nice just to get away and hang ten while with my boys. We went off to a beach that is not known by many except for locals because it is SPRING BREAK! We hung out and had a great little picnic lunch while there. We built sandcastles and splashed around in the water. Then we came home and rode bikes. Whew, this kiddo has some energy! If I could bottle that energy up and sell it I would be a millionaire! LOL

Well, I do have to take sometime and reflect on what tomorrow means to me. Tomorrow is Easter. I notice that I don’t put as much emphasis on the Easter Bunny as when Santa comes. I try to tell Jack about the true meanings to these holidays but for some reason I have noticed, the Easter Bunny takes the back burner. I wonder why that is. Of course, he comes to see Jackson, but I don’t think Jackson even realizes that would happen tonight. We color eggs, and hunt eggs but Easter Bunny isn’t a big deal. I was trying to explain what Easter means to Jackson the other day without scaring him or getting into too much detail. All I could come up with is a day to celebrate Jesus. That is exactly what it is. Everything is new and springing to life just as it did long ago. I am so thankful that He didn’t call the angels to take Him off the cross. I am so grateful that He went and took the keys to death, hell and the grave. I am so thankful that He has given us new life! I do have to say that I have fallen short. I have not thanked Him near as I should. Oh, I pray and I talk to HIm, but REALLY praying and REALLY talking with Him. Not just talking to Him, but LISTENING to what He has to say back. I can vouch for you that many times when I stopped to truly listen to Him, it wasn’t what I wanted to hear. BUT it was what was BEST for me. It all worked out in the end. Thank you Lord for not staying down and for enduring the pain and suffering so that we could have a new life with You!

I took a big step this past week. I have been told by several who have read my blog that I should write stories. I have always had an imagination but to actually put it into words and let someone else READ IT??? Well, I did just that. I have written a couple of short children stories and I let my hubby read them. He didn’t fall over laughing and telling me I was crazy. He said they were actually pretty good. Wow!!! He doesn’t even know how much that means to me. So now goes the process of possibly publishing them. Keep me in your prayers because that would be awesome. We will just see what God has in store as far as that goes. I am trying to lean more to Him and less on me for these new endeavors I am undertaking. I want to have my own business and do well at it so that I can raise my son. I want to be there for him for games, plays, PTA and whatever else will come up. To all you working mommies out there, I salute you. I have been there, done that and trying to keep from doing it again. I am praying for you guys too!

So, Happy Easter to you and yours. Celebrate spring, new life, and the life that He gives you!

Love, The Ryan’s

DSCF0179

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!