Saturday, May 29, 2010

Found a great new website!!

Okay, so I am trying to be one of those frugal mommies.. You know… the ones who somehow manage to cut their grocery bill in over half and spend less than $400 a month for a large family? Well, there are only 3 of us plus our two dogs. We spend WAY to much on groceries a month. I know part of it is the random trips to WalMart or Publix, because I forgot something or just want to get out of the house. Those have to stop. But it is not just that. Eating out or grabbing lunch at McDonalds. No mam! Not anymore. So, here is what I have learned so far….

Through a friend of mine, I found www.southernsavers.com. Have you heard of it? I feel almost like I am a coupon newbie in training all over again! I have used coupons before. I buy the Sunday paper. I get all the emails from Coupon mom or coupon.com. I still have never been able to cut my bill!

So yesterday, I went thru www.southernsavers.com training on couponing 101. It is great! I never thought of all the things they think of. The tips you will get on there are wonderful! If you haven’t stopped by there, please do.

I will start writing once a week on what I did to save what I did. Hopefully, you guys can share your tips too and we can all learn how to do this together!

Today I did my first southern savers shopping trip to my Publix. I found out it doesn’t double the coupons but it does accept other stores coupons. So sometimes that will work in my favor more than a doubling would. Today I bought $85.00 worth of groceries for my house. Do you think I spent $85? No Mam! I spend 44.70. Over half the bill was on reduced due to sales and my coupon digging before the shop. It can be done!

So if you have some tips, please share them. I can feature you and your tips/advice on frugal shopping on my once a week post. Let me hear those comments and tips!

Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a coupon clipper too! Enjoyed your site. Found you through TwitterMoms. I have some tips at http://faith4moms.blogspot.com. I'm going to check out the saver site you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!