Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Why I am Thankful…

Tis the season…

What are you thankful for? So many times we are focused on the things that we do NOT have instead of what we do have. I am very guilty of this. So many times the almighty dollar is what rules how we weigh our thanks or not thanks. :) Too often we are looking at the car we don’t have instead of being thankful for the one we have parked outside. We are fussing or complaining because we can’t go to that fancy restaurant instead of being thankful for the food in our refrigerator. There are many who don’t have that right now. We complain because our television isn’t big enough or our clothes are not the newest fashion, when others do not have those basic needs met such as food, shelter, clothing.

It is time we stop looking at what we do not have and start being thankful of what we do have. So instead of me complaining or thinking that I wish I had this or I wish I had that I am going to take time to see what I DO have.

I am thankful for a family and friends who love me no matter what. I am thankful for the food we have and the roof over my head. I am thankful that I am mostly healthy except for a few things I have to watch. :) I am thankful that we have soldiers who stand watch while we are sleeping to keep us safe and sound. I am thankful for a free country to worship my God in. I am thankful that I have a Savior who died for me because He loved me even before I was born.

Be thankful this season and every season of your life. There is a divine plan that you may not be able to see yet. There is a reason we go through everything that happens to us. Be thankful for what you have and stop looking at what you don’t. Whether we think it or not God has RICHLY blessed us. Love to you and your family. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

From our family to yours…

us and the cave

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!