Friday, December 10, 2010

Catching up….

Well we had a great weekend and week this past week. We took my little guy to Sea World with his Nana and Great Grandmother. We had a blast. We got to ride the Polar Express and go to the North Pole! We also got to get in a snow flurry… Yes even in Florida it snowed!! :)

DSCF1539

I love my little guy! This is us getting ready to watch the Elmo show. They were teaching one of the characters about the meaning of Christmas. Of course it was the commercial meaning of Christmas. They have to be politically correct and all… Oh my.

I do have to say a few things… Remember the True reason we celebrate Christmas. Not just the commercial one. Yes it has become so in your face commercial I am afraid the little ones will lose the magic of Christmas. We celebrate the birth of our Savior. We celebrate family and friends and the closing of another year. We reflect on the past and look forward to the future. And for just a few hours, we as adults can become children again. Watching the Christmas specials we used to watch with our children. Sharing the experiences and traditions we used to have as children and knowing how hard it is to wait until Christmas to open presents or for Santa to come. I remember how hard it was for me to go to sleep on Christmas Eve because I couldn’t wait for the next morning. :) My dad always told me as long as I believed in the spirit of Santa and Christmas he would always come. And he still does. ;)
So share with your little ones your Christmas traditions and memories and make new ones. Remember to enjoy the time with your family and friends.

DSCF1555

Take time to play with the elves and remember the way it feels to be a child on this special holiday. Even the most hum bug scrooge can enjoy the true joy that comes at Christmas time.

Be blessed… Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!