Monday, May 23, 2011

Monday Moments

This weekend we had a blast! I had first told the boys we were not doing anything. We have had a busy last few weeks and I wanted home time. Well… As things inevitably do, that changed. We are talking about joining the YMCA here in town. I have never done it before but Hubby did when he was a child. I look at it as a great opportunity for Boo Bear and I to get out during the week especially during our homeschool schedule. {Summer too as they have an AWESOME kids pool. ;o) } A friend of mine is now working there so long story short, we went yesterday to check it out. I packed a picnic lunch as well so we stopped off at the park for a picnic and walk on the nature trails.

Here is Boo Bear at the bottom of the quarry with his walking stick.

boo and brick city-1

We ended up going craft supply shopping then home for a little nap before church. Whew!!! After church we went to dinner and then by then we were all worn out. So much for our not going anywhere weekend. ;o) All in all it was a great family day together. Just being together and enjoying the company and God’s beautiful creation around us. Wish there were more of those days where we just slowed down and took a look around. Our Sunday however was much slower. I am thankful our church has started services on Saturday night. Let’s us rest before the week begins again.

How did you spend your weekend? Hope you had a great one and look forward to the week ahead.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy weekend! With two small boys my relaxing weekend never seem to actually
    happen :) Following you from bloggy moms, look forward to your future posts! You can find me at

    http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the how the blog looks, Jen. Looks great!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to overpack our weekends… but I just love all the family and friend time that we don't get on the typical weekday! Yea! for a good weekend for you guys and whats better than a picnic?!
    Christina

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!