Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Women in the Word Link up

This week I joined up to do the 21 day challenge for praying for my son. You might think, well don’t you pray for your son already? Well, yes I do. Everyday in fact. This challenge is about praying the scriptures over my son. I was kind of on the fence about joining because I am already doing a bible study over at Good Morning Girls. But the more I thought about it the more I knew I needed to do this. I want my son to grow up to be a Godly man and having the morals, values and strength that comes with that. I want him to stand up for what he believes in and know what it means to respect others, take care of the weak and hurting and help out where he can.
Today’s prayers started with obedience. Wow. Obedience. This is something I have never used with Jackson. Yes I ask him to listen and do what I ask but have I ever taught him what the word “obey” means. I don’t know that I have. My goal is like that of Brooke’s over at Warrior Prayers. I want to teach him what obey means. My goal is to use that word so he understands it now. I do remember the first time I recognized his deliberate disobedience. Believe me, the first time I had to discipline him was the hardest thing I had to do. It never gets easier and makes me so sad when I have to discipline him but I know I have to. As parents we have the task of teaching our children right from wrong so that when they are out in the world on their own they can understand and stand on their own two feet.
Thank you Brooke for hosting this challenge and moving us to pray the scriptures over our sons not just to pray random things.
I am still doing the Ministry of Motherhood bible study as well. I have been really blessed getting up every morning and studying the word to find little nuggets that just so happen go with our day that day. ;) God’s funny like that. He knows just what we need to hear and when we need to hear it. May you be blessed today and stay in His word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!