Monday, September 5, 2011

Happy Labor Day!

Happy Labor Day!!! I hope your family has enjoyed your three day weekend. I know for many this is the sign that summer is over and time to start preparing for fall. In the South we still have a few more weeks { sometimes months} to prepare for that cooler weather. I am ready for that weather though! Whew!! We had a nice relaxing weekend of yard work, visiting with family and just generally hanging out.

While I am happy to have cooler weather somewhere around the corner, it is also kind of sad. This means another summer has come and gone. Another year is almost over again and I feel like we just got started. My kiddo is officially in Kindergarten and growing up too fast. We are having a nice time at homeschool though and I am glad I am feeling better. I am starting to get more excited about adding our own things to our virtual school. I am liking the virtual school for basic curriculum but we are definitely adding in our own studies. I am going to work on planning out field trips for us for the next few months and what Unit Studies we can do to go with them. He loves many different things and I think this will help us to add that needed oomph for our school.When it does start cooling down we can start having more trips to the park and the many nature trails around here. I am so looking forward to that.

What are some of your favorite field trips to take with your children? Do you prefer outdoor trips or the museums? I think I like both... if the weather is right. ;o)

I hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend and hope that you enjoy the end of Summer. From our family to yours, Happy Labor Day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!