Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Ham and Cheese Pinwheels




These are so easy and are a great recipe to have your children help you with. :-) My kiddo was too busy helping daddy with the tools to help me but he would have had an easy time with them.

Ham and Cheese Pinwheels

1 Can of 8 Crescent Rolls
16 slices of ham or turkey lunch meat
cheese of your choice, shredded, slice or crumbled

Preheat the oven to 375'. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray. Separate the crescent rolls into 4 rectangles. Gently pinch the seams together and spread the dough out a little. Place 4 slices of meat and your cheese on the rectangle. Roll the crescent up starting with the short end of the rectangle. Pinch the seam together to make it nice and sealed. Using a serrated knife cut each log into 5 pinwheels and lay on the cookie sheet. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until brown.

These are super simple and there are so many different combinations you could use. I got the idea from the Pillsbury site and used ham and cheese instead of the ingredients the original recipe calls for. We are thinking next time of using some spinach leafs, blue cheese and bacon to try. What are your combinations? Let me know if you come up with some delicious ones to try!

I'm linking up with Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays

And
 

1 comment:

I love to hear from you!