Monday, April 9, 2012

Monday Moments: 3 Little Words

Happy Monday after Easter! ;) Happy Easter to all of you and your families. I hope you had a wonderful weekend.

We sure did. :) A wonderful church service on Saturday night, Sunday morning hunting eggs and spending the day with my little family.
This little guy moved in to our house this weekend. :) Boo Bear loved him right away and he's safely sleeping in a place of honor with him right now.

I just wanted to share something that was on my heart all weekend, hence the title, three little words. Three words that seem to be said quite often for answers to projects, tests, whatever. These three little words forever changed the course of time. It is Finished.

I don't know why these stuck out to me this year. I have heard them time and time again but this year they stuck out. It is finished. Jesus spoke these words as He gave up His spirit. He gave it up. No man took it from Him. He knew that for us to be able to come to the Father this sacrifice had to be made. For us to be able to cross the great divide between us, He had to give up His life to save ours. What love He has for us! He laid down His life freely so that we might live. He ripped the veil in two that separated us from God's holy presence. I am so thankful that He endured the torment and agony of the cross for me.

Some might think that the story ended there but it didn't. Those three words were actually just the beginning. The beginning of life in Christ for all of us. The beginning of a way to the mercy seat at His feet. The beginning and building of a bridge for us to make it to God. Thank you for bridging the gap Jesus. Thank you for dying for me. Thank you Jesus that you save me from myself. Thank you that you never give up on me and that your mercy's are new every morning.


I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend with your friends and family celebrating Christ's resurrection. I pray that you have a wonderful, blessed week ahead of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!