Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Broccoli Salad Recipe: Diabetic Friendly and My First Recipe Link!

So I thought this would be my first recipe to share with you that is diabetic friendly because it is so yummy! My family loves it and we can't get enough of it. Which is why I don't know why we don't make it more often. :) Isn't that always the way though? You find something you really like and end up not making it much. Anway... here's the recipe:

10 cups of broccoli chopped
1 cup of raisins (you can do less if you want)
4 tbsp of onion (we usually do a little more because we like onions here)
4 tbsp of bacon bits
10 tbsp of Mayo
2 Tbsp of Vinegar
2 packets of Splenda (or your sweetner of choice)

Mix all your salad ingredients into one large bowl. In a smaller bowl mix all the dressing ingredients together and pour over the salad. Stir it well and enjoy!

This is a simple salad that's great for that summer cookout you might be planning. It's also great with different variations such as adding cauliflower, peanuts or other items you can think of. To me the mayo makes a lot of difference. If you don't have a nice mayo you like it can be less than stellar ;).

Hope you enjoy this and sorry there's no pics... This one usually goes very fast!

Linking up today with Our 4 kiddos and



Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays

Share your favorites with me too! I would love to grab some new recipes! ;) Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!