Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Homemade Dinner Rolls

I love the smell of fresh bread cooking. I haven't done so great on getting the recipe just quite right with some of the breads I have tried but this one worked perfectly! I was so excited as we used these for the slider burgers my hubby grilled this week. I have heard they are great with honey butter too but these were perfect for our little burgers.

I grabbed this awesome little recipe from Plain Chicken through Pinterest. I have to say I love Pinterest. It's awesome! Wahoo!!! Okay, there I said it. Glad that's over with.

Okay to make these awesome, easy dinner rolls here's what you need:

1 cup plus 2 Tbsp warm water
1/3 cup oil
2 Tbsp yeast
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
3 1/2 cups bread flour (can use all-purpose)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

In the bowl of a stand mixer combine water, oil, yeast and sugar. Stir to combine and let rest for 15 minutes.Using your dough hook,at medium speed, add salt, egg and flour. Knead with dough hook until flour is thoroughly mixed in and the dough is soft and smooth (approximately 2-3 minutes). Divide dough into 12 balls and place in a lightly greased 9x13 pan.  Let rest for 10 minutes.

Bake 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Our's took closer to 20 minutes to get the good golden brown color but they are delish! Hope you enjoy them! 




Here's what ours looked like:


They were super yummy!!!
I'm linking up at a few places today. Be sure you stop by too!! Our 4 Kiddos




Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!