Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Lemon Ice Box Pie: Diabetic Friendly!!

I love this week's recipe! Love it!! I enjoy a good lemon meringue pie but if I'm honest, I haven't figured out how to master it to be diabetic friendly yet. This recipe has been around in my family long before any of us were diagnosed. I'm not sure if you have ever heard of the First Place diet program but that is where my mother got this recipe. When I was diagnosed she made sure to place it in my recipe book she made me when I got married. That book has since grown to three times the size of the book she started. BTW Today is my Mother's birthday. Happy Birthday to the woman who taught me how to be a wife, mother and a friend to everyone. May your day be as special as you are to all of us. :)

Now for the recipe. This is really easy and a great summer dessert whether you need the sugar less version or not. :) Please overlook the pictures because I found out if you lay down your iPhone while the camera is on it turns the camera and takes the picture from a different way... These aren't the greatest but you'll get the idea ;)

Lemon Ice Box Pie


2 cups of skim milk
1/2 tub/stick of Crystal Light Lemonade mix, dry ( I use a whole one because I like it more tart. You can use other brands too.)
1 large box of vanilla sugar free instant pudding dry
8 ounces of cool whip
6 graham cracker squares (3 inch)

Layer your graham crackers in the bottom of an 8x8 inch baking dish. In a mixing bowl stir pudding and lemonade powder together then add milk and mix on low speed of a handmixer.
Add three- fourths of the Cool Whip. Pour the mixture on the graham crackers.

Top with remaining Cool Whip and refrigerate until ready to serve.


This is a yummy light dessert and it is very simple to put together. Like I mentioned my family likes a tarter lemon dessert so I used the whole tube of a lemonade mix. You can use 1/2 or so to get it to your liking.

Linking up today with some great blogs to share recipes. What are you cooking in the kitchen?
Please link up and share your family friendly recipes!!


Our 4 Kiddos 


Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!