Friday, May 25, 2012

Weekly Wrap-up: Start of Summer



In our life this week... Well it has been a wild few weeks. I haven't posted with the weekly wrap up in a couple because of birthday excitement and just trying to get back into our routine. So we have been getting back but in the meantime I guess my kiddo got bored. LOL We haven't been doing sit down school just learning as we go type things. I have been trying to get a balance/schedule for my new work projects as well so it's been interesting. ;) I also started back on a new lifestyle. I don't want to say "diet" because that word is just so... well... four letter. I went to the doc last week and I need to change some things. I haven't eaten like I should in quite some time and I'm starting to show it... I'm a type 2 diabetic... there... I said it.. ((sigh)) I have been since 2003. so I'm trying to do things right and the way I should. If I lose weight I can reduce the meds I take, that's the goal anyway. But the meds I am on make you hold on to the weight so it's a vicious cycle. I just ask for prayer as I go through these changes and adjustments. I know what to do I just have to do it. So far so good. We'll see how it goes.

In our homeschool this week... Not much is going on. I am in the process of organizing our curriculum for next year and purchasing it as well. I have basically everything except our Math and Science. I have to order those and then we should be ready to go. Hopefully that will be done in the next two weeks and we can get started on first grade. I am now having to make the decision do I want to register with the county or under an umbrella school. Any thoughts?

Places we're going and people we're seeing.... Well we went bowling this week! Whew! Good exercise ;) I signed Boo Bear up for the free summer bowling and we may be investing in some bowling shoes before too long. Paying for those shoes are going to wrack up if he wants to go two or three times a week. I'm also looking forward to all the summer camp opportunities for him this year and the summer movies. :) Good times! We also got to play with friends at the park this week too. It's getting to where we are going to have to hit something inside or go really early in the morning. Summer has already arrived here in the sunshine state....

Questions/thoughts I have... So do you join an umbrella school or go through your county? How does it work where you are? I am just torn because I don't know which way to go. Right now it's not a huge difference but when it comes to high school classes the umbrella schools provide diplomas... hmmm help!

I'm cooking... Lots of omelets and low carb burrito fixings this week. We have had chicken and some wonderful meatballs that are coming to you next week. Oh wow they were good!

My favorite thing of this week... Was going bowling with my kiddo. That had to be my favorite day!

A picture of the week... I know I shared this on my WW post but I just like this pic and it shows some of what we did. ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!