Monday, May 14, 2012

Monday Moments: Happy Birthday Baby!

Saturday my little guy turned 6. I am so thankful for this little bundle of joy, excitement, and pure boy! He's such a blessing and I thank God for him everyday that I get to be his mom. These past four days have been a whirlwind fun, excitement and celebration. So no, I haven't gone missing ;). Just been really busy!!

I am so blessed to have such a compassionate, sweet and caring child. Yes he has his moments like all kids do. But he is so caring about other children and people. For example, we had an extremely busy week last week. Mommy had business meetings, we have and end of the school year party with our homeschool group, planning for his birthday party, another birthday party to go to and surprise out of town company coming for his birthday. On Thursday I was making cupcakes and learning how to turn them into baseballs and basketballs. (let's face it. When our kiddos say they want their cake to look like a specific thing we do that ;)) As I was making them I asked him how they looked. He said great. A few minutes later he popped back in the kitchen and said thank you mom. I said for what baby? He said for doing all this stuff for my birthday. I appreciate it.

I stopped and gave him a huge hug and said you're welcome baby! I love doing it because I love celebrating you and the day you came into this world. Things like that just pop out of him and it just blows my mind sometimes how much this little guy has changed our lives, touched our lives and how sensitive he is to other people.

Thank you God for allowing me and my hubby to parent this wonderful and amazing child. I can't wait to see what You have in store for His life. May we always listen to You in the direction You want to take us in and that we show him how to live for You.

Happy Birthday baby!!!! I can't wait to see what this year holds!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!