Friday, May 4, 2012

Weekly Wrap-up: Fun in the Sun











In our life this week... We are gearing up for a birthday next week. My guy will be turning 6 in a week and we are finalizing plans for the adventures to come. It has seemed to me like this week has just crept by. For me personally it hasn't been too busy yet and it has been kind of nice. We had hip-hop class on Monday and I can't tell you how happy I feel that my son has found something he loves doing. I hope he keeps that love and who knows... You may see us on So You Think You Can Dance one day ;)

In our homeschool this week...  I am thinking, if all goes as planned, that today will be our last day of school! We are about to complete our Math and a few other things we need to tie up and then we will be done for a little bit. I am still planning on schooling throughout the summer as well but it will most likely be a lighter curriculum and lots of fun things. I have to get the rest of our items for our 1st grade year so that is on my mind right now. I am so proud of him and all the work he has done this year. We made it through our first year!! WAHOO!!!!!! I'll post on that in a few days. We have been doing things in math such as probability and horizontal addition type things to prepare for next year. It's almost over and we will be in 1st grade! EEEEEE!!! (can you feel my excitement? )

Places we're going and people we're seeing... We had a library party for Cinco de Mayo this week, went swimming at a friends house and we had hip-hop class. The next few weeks are going to be super busy as we have birthdays, classes, parties and a trip at the end of the month. So this month seems like a great time to take our break LOL I'm also going to be going to a used curriculum sale tomorrow and I'm super excited.

My favorite thing this week was... Watching my son at his dance class. He is so funny and he has such a huge smile on his face the whole time. This is so awesome!!

Questions/thoughts I have... So I am going to the huge used curriculum sale tomorrow that our homeschool groups put on every year. Any tips or advice on how to not break the bank while I am there? I hope to find some of the items I was planning on for next year but we will see. If not that's okay I know what I want and we can go from there ;) Any prepping tips I should know about before going?

Things I'm working on... Right now I'm working on birthday party planning for next week. Other than that I am making jewelry for my first craft show. I am also working on cleaning out our homeschool stuff, getting a portfolio completed and other end of the year items. Whew!

A photo of the week... Tomorrow is Cinco De Mayo. Do you celebrate with your children? Here's the party at the library. He finally tried a taco. (it was a lettuce and cheese and salsa taco but he tried it :))


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!