Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Asian Meatballs With Lime Sesame Dipping Sauce

Have you checked out the wonderful recipes over at Skinny Taste? Gina is awesome. I just want you to know that. If you're on Weight Watchers or just want healthier versions of your favorites, she is the girl to check out.

I have made several of her recipes and they are all good. The one we made last week were these Asian Meatballs and her fried rice recipe. Oh my! Boo Bear had the best time cutting veggies and helping me get the food all ready. I had pictures... I'm not sure where they went BUT I did take some. LOL

Okay here's the recipe. You can stop by her site to check out her pics of these yummy little bites here.
One little side note... She uses ground turkey. I did not. I haven't used it a lot since I first got married and made burgers out of it. They turned out grey... Grey burgers... That's the only thing in almost 9 years of marriage my hubby asked me NOT to make again. LOL So I'm still trying to get the courage up to using it again so I used ground beef in my recipe. They were still delicious...

Asian Turkey Meatballs

1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1 - 1/4 lbs ground turkey (or beef)
1 egg
1 tbsp of ginger, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (i used my cilantro in a jar)
3 scallions, chopped
1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil

Dipping Sauce

4 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp chopped fresh scallion


Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.

Mix the ground turkey, panko, egg, salt, scallions, ginger, cilantro,1 tbsp soy sauce and 2 tsp oil and mix with your hands until well combined. Shape 1/4 cup of the mixtures into a ball and transfer to a baking dish. Repeat with the remaining mixture. Bake until cooked through for about 15 minutes.

For the dipping sauce you will mix together the lime juice, soy sauce, water and remaining t teaspoons of oil. Add your scallions.

Move the meatballs to a serving dish and drizzle with about 1 tablespoon of the sauce.

Serve the meatballs with the remaining sauce. This will make 12 meatballs.

These are soooo yummy. My son loved them, I did and so did my hubby. :) They are great with Gina's skinny fried rice that you can find here.

Don't forget to check out her site and let me know if you try any of her great recipes.

Linking up this week with Our 4 kiddos and

Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays

Link up your Tasty Tuesday recipes too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!