Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Whole Wheat Banana Muffins

Whole Wheat Banana Muffins - Recipe taken from Sisters Running the Kitchen.

My kiddo has been on a banana kick. Which is slightly weird to me but I'm not complaining. See he loved banana baby food and then when he started eating real food the bananas were left behind. (so were the sweet potatoes.) I'm thinking the texture of both were a little too much for him at the time. Recently though he has decided he likes both of them again. (Mommy does the happy dance!)

So we had some bananas hanging around and he wanted to make some banana muffins. Mommy went on the hunt for a recipe that would work with what we have at home and this is what we found. I am in the process of changing all our items like these, cookies, etc to be homemade and not the processed kind. I really don't like the chemicals I see in a packaged product any more and so I am working to weed those out. It's interesting but fun too. :)

So here's the recipe: (side note: the original recipe calls for honey instead of sugar... I was out of honey at the time so I put sugar in and they turned out just as yummy ;))

Whole Wheat Banana Muffins:
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup honey( I used sugar)
1 tsp. Vanilla
2 eggs
1 cup mashed up bananas (DS smashed up two bananas)
1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup hot water

Directions
Heat oven to 325 degrees F. In a large bowl beat the honey and the oil together. After combined add the eggs and mix well. Stir in the banana and the vanilla. Stir in the flour and salt in increments. Add your baking soda to your hot water and stir it to mix. Add this to the batter. Spray your muffin tins and fill them with the batter to about 3/4 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until your toothpick inserted comes out clean. Move them over to wire rack and cool. Enjoy. :) { Ours didn't make it to the wire rack before we enjoyed. They were super yummy! }

Linking up with Our 4 Kiddos and

Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!