Friday, August 31, 2012

HSMJ Week of Challenges

In our life this week...Boy has it been a wild and crazy week here. My nerves have been crazy with trying to acclimate the new dog with the old dog and it is just not working. We so wanted to keep this sweet Chocolate Boy but our Old Grouchy Dog doesn't like him. I don't want to have to live on edge wondering if Boo Bear is going to be stuck in the middle with Old Grouchy decides to snap at Chocolate Boy. ((sigh)) In other news I am also heading up a team for the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk for my website I moderate. I had the kick off last night and it was very inspiring and encouraging. There were several survivors there last night that were celebrated. My mother in law is a survivor as well and will be walking with me in the walk in November. I am very excited and kind of nervous as this is my first time as a team captain. I know you might not be able to walk with us but if you would like to donate then every $1 counts. Even if it is just a $1 I appreciate it. :) Stop by here and check out our team!

In our homeschool this week.. We are still working on learning our number bonds in our Singapore math. We worked on our ocean box for our Apologia Science Swimming Creatures of the 5th day. We also did some reading, writing and exploring ;). We are about to start chapter 2 in our science so I have been gathering books at the library on whales. This is really exciting and fun! We also had a trip to the library and martial arts this week.

Places we're going and people we're seeing... We went to Chic Fil A for lunch this week and my kiddo met some other homeschool children. we had a nice time playing and hanging out. We also had friends come over for dinner last Saturday.

I'm cooking...  Well I don't cook it but I am making a banana pudding for my hubby this weekend since it's his birthday. I have also been looking at clean eating recipes.

A clip from the week...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!