Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Zucchini Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

I have been wanting to make zucchini bread for quite a while but never knew how it would taste. Everyone seems to love it. So this weekend I happened to have some extra bananas and zucchini and chocolate chips!!! What a combo!!

I used the recipe that I found at Healthy Eating for Ordinary People.

Here goes:
3 very ripe bananas
2 eggs
1/4 cup honey (I used a Splenda Sugar blend because I didn't have honey on hand)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 heaping cup zucchini (shredded)
3/4 cup of chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees  and lightly grease your standard size loaf pan.

In a large bowl beat the banana for a few minutes until it is nice and smashed. Add the eggs, honey, sugar, and vanilla and mix together well or until they are smooth. Add in the baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Mix to combine then add in your flour. Stir in the zucchini and chocolate chips. Pour your batter in the pan. Cook for around an hour or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for about 1/2 hour, if you can, and then set on wire rack to continue cooking.


Yummy!!!

Linking up with Our 4 Kiddos and


Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!