Tuesday, October 16, 2012

French's Fried Onions Chicken

Last night I was trying to decide what to cook that was quick, halfway healthy and yummy before our cub scout meeting. Monday nights especially are kind of rushed for us. So I was scouring the internet for something good with chicken and looking in my cabinets for something to do... Luckily I still had some French's Fried Onions I had not opened. So lo and behold... there's a recipe for chicken on the back!!! So that's what we did.

Sorry I don't have pictures.. I am really bad at that. Does it count that I think about taking pics of it??


French's Fried Onion Baked Chicken

1 pound of chicken breasts
2 cups of French's fried onions
2 tbsp of flour ( I used whole wheat flour)
1 egg

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray your 9 X 13 glass baking dish with non-stick spray. Take your onions and flour in a baggy and crush the onions. Beat the egg in a dish. Dip the chicken pieces in the egg and then into your onion mixture. I put my onion mixture in another bowl because it was hard to do this in my bag. If your bag is big enough then I am sure you could just put the chicken in the bag and coat well.  Place the chicken breasts into the dish and bake for 20 minutes. I gave mine about five extra minutes because when I was doing it they weren't completely thawed out.

These were a hit with my family and I served them with some Uncle Ben's Chicken Rice and some green beans. What are you cooking up this week?

Link up with Our 4 Kiddos and


Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!