Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pineapple Casserole

I think this month I will share some of my favorite Christmas/holiday recipes. I have several that I love to do around the holidays and really they could be for any time. ;) {I honestly am not sure why I don't cook them more...}

The first one I will share became a huge hit the first time I made it. My family fell in love and it stuck around to become a Christmas must. ;) At first you might read the ingredients, as I did, and think hmm. not sure if that really is good but let me tell you... It is so SO yummy!!! I am sorry I don't have a photo of it yet but I will post one when we make it ;)


Pineapple Casserole

2 large cans of chunky pineapple (drained reserving 3 tbsp of the juice)
1 1/2 C of Splenda ( you can use sugar but with diabetics in our family we go with Splenda)
6 tbsp of self rising flour
2 C of grated sharp cheddar cheese

Topping:
2 C of Ritz cracker crumbs
1 stick of melted butter

Combine the flour, sugar and stir in reserved pineapple juice. Add the cheese and pineapple chunks. Mix well. Spoon mixture into a 1 quart casserole dish and put your topping on. I put the crumbs on top then pour the butter over it. You can cook it at 350 for about 20-30 minutes. I usually let it sit in there a little longer to stay warm and it turns out wonderful. It's basically until it is warmed through and the toppings are browned. It is so yummy!

What is your favorite Christmas recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!