Monday, December 3, 2012

Monday Moments : A Precious Gift

This weekend something amazing happened. First I will start with my own experience as a child. I remember hearing my PawPaw preaching the word at such a young age. I was around 5-6 years old and I remember sitting with my MawMaw as he preached. I can't tell you what the message was on but I can tell you what happened. Tears started flowing down my cheeks as a I recognized that I needed something in my life. That something was the light and love of Jesus in my heart. I needed to know that I would go to heaven. I remember crying and praying at the altar while my mom, MawMaw and PawPaw were praying and praising around me. I made the decision to follow Him that day and I remember it just like it was yesterday.

Friday we were listening to our Veggie Tales Sunday School songs CD in the car. We were running some errands and having a good ole time. One of the songs came on about When I Get To Heaven and Boo Bear asked me a question. He said "Mom, how do you get to heaven?" I told him first you have to ask Jesus into your heart and live for him. Then either when we pass away or if the rapture happens he would be with Jesus. We chatted some more and when we were walking in the mall he said why don't we pray right now? I want to ask Him into my heart! This mama was so blessed, proud, emotional and excited! I told him that we ask Jesus to forgive us of our sins, to come into our hearts and to help us live for Him. We stopped right in the parking lot and said a prayer. In that most precious moment my son asked Jesus into his heart.

We had a lovely lunch conversation about living for God and reading our bibles and he was talking about the ten commandments. (they are learning that in a series at church). I was/am so proud of him. I ask you pray for him as he starts this new journey. I ask that you pray for his father and I to be the witnesses and teachers we are to be. I am so excited for him and praying for him everyday. Thank you Lord for his openness to you and his courage to pray wherever he is. :) This is one of the truly precious moments in life and I am very blessed and grateful to be given the chance to be called his Mother.

I hope you have a wonderful week ahead of you. Be blessed in all you do and remember to give thanks to Him for all He does for you .


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!