Tuesday, January 15, 2013

See The Light Art Curriculum Review

**All these reviews and opinions are mine. I was provided a free product in return for my review...Thanks**

Art is a great subject to have in any school, especially in homeschool. Children love to play with glue, glitter (oh my) and creating fun and exciting projects. Even in homeschool we sometimes let art fall to the last minute or not at all. We usually spend so much time cramming the other subjects that it can sometimes fall behind. I try to add art in everyday especially now that Boo Bear has shown an interest in it. He is asking for it so I try to provide.

So when I was contacted about reviewing a homeschool Art curriculum. that was Bible based I was super excited! See The Light is an art curriculum that can teach your child to draw. That is something I can not do. I am not good at drawing, unless you count a stick man. ;-) I've always wanted to but never been blessed with that talent. My husband on the other hand can draw wonderfully. I am hoping Boo Bear picks that up from him but alas, not so far ;)

You can imagine when I received this opportunity I was thrilled. The products look wonderful on the site and they teach art basics with a Biblical background. That was something else I really enjoyed about it. Take a look around here and you will see all sorts of wonderful curriculum options. You can literally bring an "art teacher into your home". They offer different types of curriculum and lessons on each disc. We received the Art Class : Volume 1 Lessons 1-4 The Basics. We sat down and I turned it on for him. He had his little Art desk and supplies all ready to go.

 The disc comes with four short lessons that go into detail about strokes, supplies to use and much more. I only intended on doing one or possibly two lessons at a time. Much to my surprise and excitement he wanted to keep going and do all four at once! He loved it!!! He felt so excited to be learning about the strokes he could make and so happy he could draw the apple like she did. He did get upset because he said it wasn't perfect. :) He is a little perfectionist at times. I told him, Just like Pat did on the DVD, that it was okay. He would have to practice, practice, practice. He loved doing the lessons on there. They were very easy to understand. She goes into detail on how to make each stroke, how to erase and that it takes time to get it just right.

There are 9 Art Class volumes in all. This is truly like bringing an art teacher into your home. For those of us who are not artistically inclined it is a great asset to have. They are reasonably priced and are a great addition if you are looking to add to your homeschool activities. I'm sure we will be getting the next set here soon once he feels comfortable to move on. He really enjoyed doing this and that makes Mommy super glad! I love when he can learn and have fun at the same time. It makes my job a little bit easier.

If you get a chance to check these wonderful DVD's out I highly recommend it. They have other products as well and can help you with Art projects,  music and so much more. If you have not checked them out then be sure to stop by. You will be super glad you did. Fun, learning and bible studies all rolled into one. What more could you ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!