Friday, June 21, 2013

Weekly Wrapup - A Reminder Of Why I Love Homeschooling!!

In our life this week... Whew! Is it Sunday yet? LOL This week Boo Bear had a week long theater camp. He will be in his first production this weekend of Pinocchio. It is his first play on stage and he's excited and nervous. I am very excited for him and proud of him. Because we homeschool, we do not go somewhere every single day. He has been gone all from 9-2 every.. single...day... this week. Which means lots of driving for Mama. The theater is across town and here that means a 30-45 minute drive. BUT... I wouldn't change it for anything because he is having a blast. The week's toil is starting to wear on him a little so today we will be coming home between practice and his first show for a nap. Hopefully...



In our homeschool this week... Needless to say we haven't done much official schooling. This week has been an art week ;). We did watch one of our review videos we received yesterday for a science lesson. He really enjoyed it. So did Molly ;)

I worked on getting our homeschool room organized. If you check out my post here, you will see some great homeschool room ideas. I can't wait to share with you the changes we are making!

I'm working on... Several reviews coming in the next couple of months for you. I am also working on our homeschool room and getting Molly used to us :). Of course this week was not the week for her to get used to our routine. Wow!

Questions/thoughts I have... Do you homeschool year round? What type of schedule do you try to follow? I'm working on our calendar and because we are still finishing up first grade I'm not sure what I want to do. I am thinking/hoping next week is our last week of first grade. Then we will take a break and get started again probably the first of August officially. Do you go all year, take a break, follow public school?

I'm reading... A great book on couponing that will be coming up in a future review!

I'm grateful for... The sweet relationship that Molly and Boo Bear are already making. She is truly helping to heal the hole left in his heart, and mine.

A photo of the week...

She looks like she is smiling doesn't she?

Don't forget to stop by over at So You Call Yourself A Homeschooler to see more weekly wrap-ups.

This Week @ Great Peace Academy

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jenni,
    I'm so glad to meet you. I am a mom of one boy too! Pinocchio sounds like a super fun production to be in. What a fabulous way to spend the summer. :) Welcome to 'This Week...' @ Great Peace Academy. I'm so thankful that you chose to link up. I hope you will do so weekly and I look forward to getting to know you better. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Renee! Looking forward to linking up each week;)

      Delete

I love to hear from you!