Wednesday, July 31, 2013

New Feature!! Work At Home Mom's : This week is Ann...

Good Wednesday morning to ya! I have decided that since our lives are taking a different turn, that my blog would too. This is all trial and error anyway right? :-) So today is going to be the first of, I hope, many work at home mom (WAHM) posts. I am going to try and feature those in the business of working from home and their business as well. I will be sharing tips, how to find work at home jobs, the differences between jobs and home businesses and much more. I hope you keep coming back! If you have a tip, guest post or WAHM job/business, let me know. You can contact me here and we can discuss your post being shared as well.

This week I want to introduce Ann to you. I met Ann through WAHM Reviewers that I am working with. She is awesome to work with and I can't wait to share her story with you. So everyone, Ann. Ann, everyone else!


My name is Ann Cowan. I am a stay at home mom with three children and one stepson. My oldest is 18 and out of the house, Andrew is 13 and very involved with football – watch out for this one, my youngest is three and into everything. My stepson is nine and we have him every other week. I have been married for four years. We also have an Olde English Bulldogge.
I do several things as far as businesses go. A few years ago, my husband and I wrote The Chore Solution together. Around the same time, I started with my mother in law and The Spelling Scholar. I am the Midwest Regional Sales Manager, although my reach has gone as far as Ethiopia. We revamped the program to include homeschool families and started Spelling Mechanics for Homeschools. I have met so many people from all over the world. I really enjoy doing this. 
I found that there are several bloggers that will review your product and help spread the word. The opinions of these wonderful bloggers have helped with my sales. I thought that I should do something like that, too. So I started WAHM Reviews. What started out as a small idea soon grew across the United States and into Canada within a few months. WAHMReview.com has over 1,000 hits per month. We have 150 reviews published by 30+ reviewers. As you can imagine, I have been approached by several vendors to sell their product.
Charline Lanister asked me to help her with an image for her Norwex business. I looked into it and found something that I love and it fit into the theme of the book that we wrote. The thought of having toxic chemicals easily within reach of my children always scared me. And having no alternative to using these – we all need a clean toilet – was unacceptable. Norwex solved this problem. A big perk is that you set your own hours. On the flip side, I think that I always put more hours in then I would at a brick and mortar business. I can choose what I want to sell. I am selling a product that I truly believe is more healthy for homes and businesses. I am also more social because I have something to offer everyone I meet.
Tips on success:
Ask for help. You are going to need it. Focus on the things that you do well. Surround yourself with professional and uplifting people. Find your niche and rock it!
You can join Norwex on my website under the Join Us tab. It is currently FREE. There is a minimum sales requirement to cover the kit. But if you believe in a product like I do you'll make this requirement easily. Find the right work from home business for you. I love Norwex because I use the products. I don't do necklaces or finger wraps – although I love them – I don't need them. Find something that you will enjoy yourself and others will too.
I would also take a look and see how saturated the market is. I did an online search for Norwex in my area. The closest consultant is over 50 miles away. I have a brand new market to introduce my products but I can't do this all alone. I am excited to be building a strong team.

Thanks Ann! You can also find Ann on Facebook by clicking here. Ann is great to work with and always ready to answer any questions you may throw her way! Check out Ann's business and keep coming back each week to meet a new WAHM!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!