Saturday, September 21, 2013

Cucumber Onion Salad

Whew! I have missed blogging and these past few weeks have been C-R-A-Z-Y!! You know those times where you step out and try something new? Well that's what I did. I did it because I took things into my own hands instead of waiting on the Lord to do what He does best. ;-) So I learned another valuable lesson about myself and how God provides and now things are getting back to normal ;-)

So I thought I would share this recipe I threw together last night with the help of my wonderful hubby! I have another cucumber/onion salad I make, actually two of them but this was what I had last night. I didn't have enough mayonnaise to make the one I usually do. The other one my hubby doesn't like because it's too "vinegary".

I bought some really nice cucumbers yesterday and was in the mood for a cucumbery concoction. So this is what we came up with. It is very easy, tasty and a great veggie side to throw together. It was super quick too.



Cucumber Onion Salad (my version)

1 Large Cucumber
1 Medium to Large Onion
Parmesan Cheese ( I used the three cheese blend)
Wishbone's Balsamic Italian Vinaigrette Dressing

When I say this is super easy, I mean super easy. Slice your cucumber and onions. Place them into a bowl and add Parmesan cheese. Toss all this with dressing. You can add a light amount of dressing or a little more to taste. This dressing was quite tasty and this turned out to be yummy!!

There ya have it! A tasty, easy, fast side for any dinner meal. We paired this with a steak that was grilled and tater tots.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!