Monday, September 30, 2013

Trying To Get Back...

Howdy! Happy Monday morning to ya! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. We did here. It was a nice way to chill out for a change. Well, at least on Sunday ;-). Saturday we were out selling Cub Scouts Popcorn and had a great turn out. It was an awesome and amazing day and I'm so proud of my Cubs. See, I volunteered to be the Cubmaster this year so it's a fun learning experience. Also on top of that it is the largest group this pack has ever seen, I think. We have over 70 boys on roll and excited about all the upcoming adventures this year. That makes me excited! So Saturday was really busy but Sunday was a relaxing around the house day. Those are coming few and far between right now.

Getting back to my title... I'm trying to get back to eating more 90% paleo/primal and 10% not. It's difficult at times when you have a fast paced life at the moment but not impossible. It takes some planning and aiming for it. I have been on and off again since March but more on than off. I have been so surprised at how I can easily turn away bread these days. For those who know me that is a feat in and of itself.

This weekend I cooked a few items for me to eat this week to help me stay on plan. I am looking into a new phase of paleo where I can kickstart the weight loss again. I'll keep you informed on that too. I have lost a total of 16 pounds as of August and not sure how many inches, in all honesty. I am excited that I have found something that works and I eat good too!

Here's a shot of what I fixed for this week:


This is a pumpkin puck from the Paleo Parents. They are awesome! I love them and it's close to pumpkin bread without the grain. Then there's the yummy sausage balls from Satisfying Eats. I love sausage balls traditionally but they are full of Bisquick most times. These are basically spices, cheese and meat. Yummy!!

So how are you doing this week? Slowing down or speeding up? I am going to be featuring some WAHM with their businesses and tips. If you would like to be featured please let me know and we can get your post on the calendar. :) Hope you have a great day!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!