Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Homeschool Here We Are...

I will go ahead and put it out there now. Yesterday we officially went back to homeschooling Boo Bear. We had full intentions of him going the entire school year and then we could make a decision. When Christmas time came he was so excited thinking that was the end of the year and he could go back to homeschool. He was quite upset when we explained that the end of the school year was different from the end of the calendar year.

I have honestly not liked him going to school. You would think I would enjoy the down time or free time I have between him being in school and getting home. But you know what? I didn't really. I didn't really do anything other than work or come home and work on the house.

I missed all the fun field trips our homeschool group was doing together. I missed all the days we spent exploring the world around us. I really wanted to cry when I would see all the awesome homeschool days at the beginning of the school year.

While he was doing wonderfully academic wise, there were some other aspects that weren't the best. The school itself and teachers were wonderful. I couldn't have asked for a better place to put him for his first out of the house experience in school.

After much prayer and talking with the hubby, we decided to go ahead and take him out. We were waiting because we felt that he needed to learn the lesson of we finish what we start. ;) Mama was having to learn that too but we just felt it was time.

I never imagined it would be that hard to figure out what to do for his education. I know now that the right thing for us is homeschool. I have also learned that not everyone feels that way and I keep my thoughts to myself most days on the matter. There has been a lot of learning in the past 6 months. ;-)

I'm so very thankful for this opportunity and can't wait to start sharing with you all again about our adventures. Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad he is back home. I didn't see the excitement and happiness I saw when you were homeschooling. I pray that it all goes well and great strides are made in his learning. I believe it will.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!