Monday, February 24, 2014

My Not So Sloppy Joes...

Picture Credit 
This one was a huge hit in our house yesterday. We saw it on a commercial this past week and my husband made me stop what I was doing, rewind the commercial and watch it. I got the hint that he wanted this for dinner ;) So , we did it yesterday...






This is from the Pillsbury site and I just used what I had on hand. The recipe can be found by clicking here.

1 Can of the large biscuits
1 lb of hamburger meat
1 jar of manwich or sloppy joe sauce
shredded cheese ( I used a Parmesan, mozzarella mix, again... used what I had here)

Brown the beef and drain. Add in the sloppy joe sauce and heat. Roll the biscuits out to a flat circle. The recipe suggests it be a 6 inch circle. I basically smoothed them out until they were what I considered flat enough . Scoop some of the meat mixture on the biscuit and top it with cheese. Then fold the biscuit over top of the meat to form a pocket. Cook at 375 degrees for around 9-14 minutes. Mine took a little longer to get the biscuits brown. Enjoy!

These are a great meal, appetizer or main dish depending on what you are doing with them. You can serve them with a salad or a side of veggies. They were really a hit here and everyone enjoyed them.

1 comment:

I love to hear from you!