Wednesday, May 21, 2014

D is for Desires Of Your Heart

Ben and Me
It's that time again! Time for ABC blogging. I was kidding around with one of my friends yesterday about what we would blog about. I wasn't really sure until this morning. I have just been overwhelmed with the blessing of our new home. I am overwhelmed with what God has done and continues to do in our lives. Thinking on those things the D post came to me this morning. Desires of your heart.

"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord;trust in Him and He will do this... Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him..."  Psalms 37:4-7

I have often heard of this verse, read this verse and memorized it. I have prayed it in times of trouble and despair reminding myself that God hears me and will give me the desires of my heart when I trust and commit myself to Him. Is it in my timing? Nope. Is it in His perfect timing? Absolutely. I remembered this when I prayed for my husband.

In those moments as a young adult that I wondered if I would ever find true love. I prayed that scripture and put my petitions before Him. He heard me and gave me the most awesome man I could have asked for. I thank God for him everyday as he is truly a blessing.

He heard me praying as I prayed for a child. As I asked Him to watch over him in my womb and to keep us both safe. He heard me when I asked for this blessing and that I would do my best to raise him in a Godly home and in His church. He answered me with this blessing.

I love this child and we do our best to raise him in God's path. He's an amazing young boy that is growing in God daily and even teaching his Mama a thing or two about God and putting our trust in Him.

He heard my cry for a feeling of home. He heard me when I wasn't sure what to do or if we would ever find our place to settle. He heard me and in His perfect timing, we found it.

Everything I have ever wanted in a home, family and church He has heard and brought forth. It's always in His perfect timing and He knows what's best for us. He loves us and wants to bless us and give us the desires of our heart. When we trust in Him, devote ourselves to Him and live for Him, He will do just what He said He would do.

I thank Him today for my family, friends, church, home and all that He's so freely given to me. I feel at home finally. I feel I'm where I should be and there's nothing more exciting, awe inspiring and absolutely amazing than that.


1 comment:

  1. Love this post and seeing your joy and you giving praise to God for it all! Blessings, Jenni!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!