Thursday, October 2, 2014

Thankful Thursday - On The Road to 1000 Gifts.

I think I'm going to start counting to 1000 gifts again. I never completely finished and I think it's time I get back to it. So who wants to join me?

This post each week will be similar to Thankful Thursday. Basically the same but we are just counting to 1000. I'm sure we can come up with 1000 (or more ) things we are thankful for.

So here goes : (in no particular order)

1. My home. For the first time since we moved to this area, I feel at home. While it was always home because that's where my family was, there was just something... missing. I think we've found it.

2. My church. I have an amazing church family. This is what I've been searching for, basically, since I left my old church as a teen when my family moved. My son get's to experience all the awesome things I did as a kid and the church family is just awesome. They have welcomed us in and treat us like family.

3. My homeschool group. They truly are a blessing to both of us. When I'm about at my wit's end, they come to the rescue. I'm so thankful to have found this amazing group of Christian families to partner with in our education.

4. My family. Both related by blood and those related by marriage/love. They are awesome and always support us.

5. My Bible. It's food and drink to my soul. It nourishes, encourages, and teaches me in ways I couldn't even begin to imagine. The way that I find something every time I read it just amazes me.

6. Being a Mom. I'm so very thankful for this opportunity to be a mom. It's a gift beyond all imaginations. I do not forget those who lost their children or never had the chance to do this. It's an amazing, tough, rewarding, unbelievably hard at times job and I wouldn't change it for anything.

7. My soul mate. I truly believe God ordained us to be together. We are coming up on 11 years of being married soon and I can't imagine life without him.

8. The sweet crazy Golden that stole our hearts. She came in at a time where we greatly needed her and she's a blessing.

9. A good, hot strong cup of coffee each morning.

10. Slow weekends.

So let's start counting up to 1000 gifts and see what God has blessed us with. What are you thankful for today?


1 comment:

I love to hear from you!