Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Easy Weeknight Dinner: Mini Corndogs

Let's face it. As moms/wives/homeschool families/work families etc. we have a busy week ahead of us. Sometimes we can plan dinner and have it all organized and others, we just need a quick delicious meal our families can enjoy.

That's where this recipe comes in. Now I'm sure you have seen others that make their own batter and I have done that as well. This time I went for quick and easy with a Krusteez Gluten Free Honey Cornbread Mix.

Now I do try to do my own thing and make it from scratch. More often than not that's how it happens here. There are times that I do use the boxes and it's okay. You have to give yourself grace in those instances and know that you can still enjoy the meal.

Here's what we used.

My son really loves this cornbread and I love that it's gluten free. Helps me not feel as bad when I eat it. The Ball Park hot dogs have no nitrates/nitrites in them so I felt good using those as well. This was the first time we used this hot dogs and my husband loved them.

Recipe:

It's really simple. Honest.  Make the batter according to the directions on the box. Pour your batter into 24 mini muffin cups. I used my silicone baking mat and it's awesome.

Cut your hot dogs into fourths/fifths, however many you can. Place the hot dog piece in the center of the muffin and cook till golden brown. I used the chart on the back of the box and had to add a few minutes due to the extra hot dog in the muffin.

I served these with some green beans for our quick weeknight meal. I had to snap this one before they were all gone :)



So what is a favorite go to for you on a busy weeknight? I'm linking up with Lisa this week and hope you'll check out some more recipes there too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!