Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Meal Plans: Week of May 16th - 20th

So things are changing around here some what. I'm trying to get ALL my family on a healthier eating plan. Some of us to lose weight, others of us to just keep growing and learn to make healthy choices to hopefully prevent future problems.

That means that there will be more recipe sharing, more posting on meal plans, and a lot of Trim Healthy Mama talk around here. (Or trim healthy man, boo bear, you get the idea) I've toyed around with this plan before and felt much better and saw great numbers for my blood glucose. I'd get tired and frustrated and just say forget it. This time, something is different. We are doing this together and I'm so excited. We've been working on it for about a week or two now together, me and Boo Bear, and while the scale isn't so much moving, I am feeling some great results. Sugars are going down and Boo Bear is making some amazing choices himself. All by himself!!

So what I would like to do is start posting on Monday (or sometimes Wednesday) our weekly meal plan. I also "plan" to follow up how we did this week on Fridays. Maybe it will be a double post on Monday with the follow up and the meal plan. Not sure yet on how I want that to run. That's part of the blogging process, right?

So here is this week's meal plan. If you're not sure what Trim Healthy Mama is you can check out the site by clicking here.

Breakfasts:
E - THM Pancakes
S- Bacon and eggs/ sausage and eggs with cheese
S- Cinnamon Muffin in a mug ( new THM Cookbook)
E- Chocolate Waffles

Lunches:
S- salad
S- Pizza on Joseph's lavash
S- Loaded Fotato Soup
S- Leftovers

Dinners:
S Sloppy Joes
E- Cowboy Hash
S- Chicken Alfredo
S- Roast with Veggies

Snacks:
Shakes or lemon cake from cookbook

There are lots of great ideas on Pinterest if you're interested in new recipes. I'm also going to focus on trying to make meals on a budget so that you can see it can be done. I love the new cookbook and how they've broken up the plan from the recipes. If you haven't checked it out yet, you definitely should!

So do you find meal planning helps you save money, spend more, or about the same?

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome!! I tried doing a meal plan once.. but it had a lot of fancy funky ingredients (albeit healthy ones!) and it ended up being very expensive. I know that's just particular to the one I was trying though. I'm sure they can be very reasonable. Will be praying for you guys as you launch out on this adventure!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!