Friday, January 13, 2017

Weekly Wrap-up: Crystals, Football, Tornado Warnings and Freezes!

So, crazy week we've had here! As in we went from normal temps to tornado warnings at 1:45 in the morning to freezing cold temperatures. All in the span of about 48 hours or less!!! Then we started to normalize back out to our normal weather pattern, which means lots of beautiful days and lovely temperatures.

Here's how our week looked:

As I mentioned, this past weekend we had some crazy weather going on. It started storming Friday night and then we ended up waking up at 1:45 to the tornado warning going off.



Hubby and I got up and checked the weather and stayed up till around 2:30 when it finally calmed down. We had strobe light lighting going on and that is what concerned us. Once that storm passed, in came the cold weather. I mean, cold for Florida. Freezing temperatures, freeze warning going off all day for two days kind of cold weather. Whew what a weekend!!!

Monday we did our regular school load and moved on through our normal routine. Monday night was the big National Football championship game and of course, I watched. As much as I could anyway. It was on way past my bedtime so I only made it till the beginning of the 3rd quarter. Sigh... I'll just say this... I always have been and always will be.... a Bama girl!

The rest of our week went about normal. I had a doc appointment this week to follow up with my normal blood work so Boo Bear got to have school with Papa. Have I  mentioned how thankful I am they are closer now so they can help with school? If not, know that I am SUPER grateful!!!

We have crystals!!!!

Last week I talked about working on the crystals chapter in our Apologia science and we did our crystal kit. They were pretty cool looking too! I think the green is maybe where we had cross mojination between the orange and blue.

We are moving right along using our Singapore math and the Khan Academy website as well. I'm considering going back to Math Mammoth for the second half of fifth grade math. Mainly because it's either buy that or buy the homeschool teachers guide for the Singapore and the other book we need for that. I'm just not liking the fact that I don't have any guidance/instructions on teaching the concepts. Most concepts are okay but some of them I'm looking up cuz let's face it, it's been a LONG time since I've been in 5th grade math and it's wayyyyy different than when I was there anyway.

We had our science class yesterday too and I'm really liking the teacher this month. She's great and seems to really connect with the kids, AND they are learning something !

Sometimes.... cake for breakfast is a necessity. Don't worry, it's Trim Healthy Mama luscious lemon cake and super yummy!

This weekend will be spent, hopefully, working on some of our home projects. I want to start working on our spare bedroom to set it up for a LEGO building, Nerf storing, extra fun room. Right now it's a throw everything in it and shut the door space and I want that to change.

I think that's about it for our week. Things were pretty normal here except for doc appointments and that crazy wacky weather. How was your week this week?

Check out other homeschool Mama's weeks and see what homeschool looks like by clicking here to visit Kris's site. Thanks for hosting the link up and thanks for stopping by!!

1 comment:

  1. We used to live in the north of Australia and cyclones were fairly common in the wet season but we have high heat & humidity with ours. Not fun!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you!