Friday, January 20, 2017

Weekly Wrap-up: Dancing Raisins, Science Experiments and Fun!

Happy Friday! I hope you've had a wonderful week. This week was pretty smooth going for the most part and we are making progress. Here's a look at what went into our week this week:

Science and More Science
If you've been around this blog for any length of time you know I LOVE doing science experiments almost as much as my kiddo does (maybe more). So this week we had some fun experiments in our Apologia Chemistry and Physics book. We were able to learn the difference between polar and nonpolar mixtures, had some dancing raisins, and saw what dish soap, milk, and food coloring can do.

We had our last science class of this month and they made volcanoes yesterday. They talked about biomes and then to celebrate the last day of the dinosaur exhibit at the museum, they created their own volcano action. It was fun and we are looking forward to next month's session on space.

MathThis week we went back to Math Mammoth. I enjoy Singapore but for the money, Math Mammoth makes it much easier for me as the teacher to get the lessons done. So, we are combing that and Khan Academy to help fill in any gaps that may have been missed along the way.

Boo Bear likes doing the Khan Academy videos and it's free so it helps to shake things up a bit.

Reading, Writing, and Everything Else
We had some beautiful weather here this week and took advantage of it. We did some of our work outside until it got too warm and the pup needed to get some AC and water.

We read some more in the 39 Clues book and finished our audio book in the car. We were listening to the Magic Thief. It wasn't one of my favorites but we are about to start the story of Maleficent on audio so we will see about that one.

Boo Bear is reading one of the Franny K. Stein books and we picked up the George Washington biography to read as well.

Writing has taken on a new spin for us. I have started a journal book for Boo Bear and give him titles to write about. It is easier to see what he knows, where he has gaps, and what we need to work on. Plus, he enjoys writing crazy paragraphs so that he can come up with his own story. It works for both of us! He enjoys the topics and I love that it's writing without the tears.

We had some fun times around the dinner table this week too. I love that his dad gets him sooooo tickled he can't see straight.

I love my two boys. They are both amazing and keep me on my toes and in laughs daily.

Today we have friends coming over to hang out, watch the inauguration, and eat some tacos. Great way to start the weekend if you ask me.

So what did your week look like? Hope you had a fabulous one and have a wonderfully blessed weekend ahead!!!

I'm linked up with Weird Unsocialized Homeschoolers today. Make sure to stop by and check out other weeks in the life of homeschoolers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!