Wednesday, November 25, 2009

know what Im thankful for Mommy?

Those words are so sweet to me. Jack has seen on Nick Jr the kids giving thanks and we have talked to him about thanksgiving as well. He says he is thankful for his mommy, daddy and food and toys. Oh if we could see this world thru a childs eyes. We would see what we have instead of what we dont have. We would see our blessings instead of thinking we need more. We would recognize our family, friends and our time together is a blessing. We would understand that even though our job isnt the best in the world, we have a job while so many others do not. I am so thankful that I get to see the holidays and the world in general thru my childs eyes. Things dont look so grim and bad when looking thru those eyes. Something as simple as going to play outside, playing with toys we already have, spending time with grandparents and family are so exciting to him. The sparkle of Christmas lights are fascinating. Seeing the moon and the stars amaze him. Oh if we could just let ourselves look thru those eyes. We wouldnt have ourselves running ragged trying to buy gifts and make sure we had just the perfect gift under the tree. Looking thru those eyes we would see we have the perfect gift already. Love, Laughter and family. I got to spend some time with my family this week. I missed my brother and soon to be sis in law but we had a good time still. WE played baseball in the backyard, drove around and looked at Christmas lights and generally enjoyed each others company. It was wonderful. Of course, I got to go on a date with my super hubby while they were down here and we had a great time. We celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary this month. Wow, time sure flies when you are having fun! :) Now we will spend tomorrow with Bobs side of the family. That is great too that we get to see them more. It is nice to let Jackson get to know both sides of his family. I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving tomorrow. Tell your family you are thankful for them, even the ones who might rub you the wrong way sometimes. :) Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!