Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Midweek...

Well, we had a nice time today playing with our friends. We had them over today for a playdate and the kiddos havent seen each other in about two weeks so they were wired! :) Poor Jackson cried when his friend left. I felt so bad for him but we hopefully will get to play tomorrow. It is looking quite gloomy outside right now. We are waiting for some pretty ruff weather supposed to be coming in tonight. Hopefully it wont be anything to bad but we could use some rain. Behind that is cold weather so that will help it feel like Christmas. I cooked some of the first Christmas goodies this past weekend. My husband LOVES haystacks. If you have never heard of them they have butterscotch chips, peanut butter, nuts, marshmallow and chow mein noodles in them. When they are finished and hardened up, they look like haystacks. He is soo funny! He will lick the bowl clean once I am thru with it. He loves to do that and is such a big kid when it comes to that. I am so thankful that I have him. I was given such a huge compliment today. I am appreciative of it too. I was told we were some of the most happily married people they had ever met. That is awesome! We have our moments where we might want to strangle each other, LOL, but otherwise we are very happy. We work together to fix the situation, never go to be angry, and always work it out. Being married is a compromise. You dont need to lose yourself, but you must be willing to bend with your spouse. That is what being married is all about. You accept that person and love that person for who they are. Yes, with time things like the cards for nothing, roses, and flirting can kind of slack off. But, you must remember why you married your spouse. Why did you fall in love in the first place? His way of loving you could be fixing that thing that has been bothering you in the garage. Maybe that is his love language. No, I have not read that book but thru other people reading and talking to me about it, I understand that kind of thing. I think I am more touchy feely. I am very blessed to have found him and consider him a gift. Sometimes you may want to put the wrapping paper back on it, but it is a gift nonetheless. Love your family. Love your friends. Where would you be without them? WHO would you be without them? Till next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!