Thursday, January 14, 2010

Been a while....

Well, I hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year. We finally got the last of the holiday decorations down outside yesterday... :) Used to it would have been down long before New Years day. :)LOL We had a great time with my family, Bob's family and us. I got to see people I havent seen in over a year and really enjoyed our time together. Today, though I have been in some thought and rememberance. Today marks 20 years that my ninnie has been gone and with Jesus. I remember it like it was yesterday. I remember getting the news as a ten year old that my favorite grandmother was not here anymore. That Jesus needed her to come on home with her. I also remember getting told that my uncle had led my grandfather to Jesus that same day before my grandmother went home. That was one of her biggest things. She wanted him ready before she could let go. That was so awesome! I remember the great times I had with her. I remember laying in bed at night listening to our favorite music, the Gold City Boys and our favorite song was Midnight Cry. If you have never heard of them or that song it is a southern gospel group and the song is about the rapture. To this day whenever I hear the song I think of those times before we would go to sleep. I spent many nights with her before she went home. I can remember eating a snack of corn flakes with sugar on top or ice cream and grapenuts. She loved ice milk. Course I dont think they even make that any more. It is funny the things that stick out to us and we remember even 20 years later. That was also the first time I had ever lost someone that close to me that I could remember. I will never forget that just as I will never forget the time I had with both of my grandfathers or the times surrounding their passing as well. I well remember the days they left and went on home. Or, as my precious hubby says, got promoted. :) I wish they could have all made it forever with us but that is not possible. I would not wish them back for anything in the state they were in. I love them with all my heart and miss them dearly. I wish they were all here to see my baby now but I know they are here in spirit. I can still hear my grandfathers voices in my head though, sadly, I do admit my grandmothers is not as fresh. But I still have my precious memories of them all and have to pass them on to my son. I only hope as the time passes that he has the relationships with his grandparents that I had with mine. Okay, I have to go now cuz I have caused myself to turn on the waterworks. :) Until next time, hug your familys and love them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!